Nitrous oxide-oxygen sedation documentation
Required notations: 818-026-0040
- Chart the date of the sedation.
- Notate the PARQ Conference
- Make Documentation of the patient's orientation at the time of discharge
Suggested chart notations
- Notate the rate of total volume of gases delivered to the patient.
- Example: 8liters/minutes
- Post-operative 100% oxygen flush
- The total time the patient was sedated
- Percentage of nitrous oxide administered
(This will require multiple entries from the induction to the completion of the sedation.)