Miscellaneous charting tips
- Make sure to chart whenever you tell a patient to contact you if they have any continuous problems.
- Chart the names of all specialists you refer the patient to.
- Keep track of when a recall notification is mailed and when follow up calls are made to a patient.
- If a patient talks about finances make sure to note the chart.
- Chart when a patient requests a temporary fix for treatment that you believe will not work long term, have them sign the chart where you have noted your conversation. Be sure to chart your recommended treatment plan that was discussed with the patient.